Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MOJO173 and Colour Q 67

Another day another snowstorm here in New England!  That's right, I spent a big part of my day shoveling a foot of heavy, wet snow.  The good news is that I got another bonus day off from work since the conditions outside were pretty awful.  The bad news is that I lost power this morning around 5:30 and didn't get it back until 2:30.  It was getting pretty chilly in my house and I was actually contemplating going to my sister's house (once I managed to clear the snow from the end of my driveway, that is).

So, I was very happy to see the colors this week over at the ColourQ.  Warm and tropical are just what I need right about now!  For my layout I chose the latest MOJO sketch.

I was actually having a little creative block with these colors until I decided that such tropical colors needed an actual tropical card and I reached for my Tropical Party stamp set.  It's been a while since I've used Kiwi Kiss so it was nice to see it featured in this challenge.

Well, it's back to work for me tomorrow.  Hopefully Mother Nature is through with all this stormy stuff.  If it snows again, I'm not sure where I'll actually put the snow.  The snow banks at the end of my driveway are already so high that I'm not sure I can heave any more snow up there!  On the plus side, I think I'm getting a pretty good workout!  Always look on the bright side!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

7 comments:

Christina said...

This is so perfect, Jen! I needed a tropical pick-me-up, too, and your card is so cheery and fun. Thanks for playing at the ColourQ again this week!

Sylvia said...

Hi Jen! this is a lovely card, and I am with Christina on the tropical, it's 32 here and I need that warmth about now! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

Vicky Hayes said...

These lovely bright colours add a real zing to your card. Sorry to hear you lost power - that's no fun - but you're right, there's no better workout than shovelling snow!

Unknown said...

Awesome job at combining the sketch and colors. Sending sunshine your way!

Suzanne Bier said...

Great card, Jen! Definitely has me thinking of summer instead of cold, wet winter! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

Yapha said...

Fabulous card! Those tropical flowers are perfect for the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

Unknown said...

I love your card, its cheery, perfect for my neck of the woods, where we are in our summer. I love those stamps too. Very nice.