Monday, January 17, 2011

MOJO176 and Paper Players 30

Well, despite the fact that I'm suffering from depression that the Patriots lost to the Jets on Sunday, I managed to find my way to my stamp room and concentrate on making a card for the MOJO and Paper Players challenges. 

Once again, I've tried my hand at watercoloring.  Why does it always look so good when I see other people do it?  I especially like the watercolor technique that Ilina Crouse uses all the time, and that's the one I've been practicing lately.  I'm not sure I've got the hang of it, but I'll keep trying!
 
After I put this card together, I realized that it didn't have a sentiment.  So I stamped a teeny-tiny thanks {so much} from the Tiny Tags stamps set and hung it from the River Rock button with a some crochet thread.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Jen,
Your card is beautiful! I love the way you have used the colours and your watercolouring is perfect!
Sorry the Patriots came 2nd!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kerin said...

It looks like you've got the hang of water coloring to me, your flower is stunning!! Gorgeous :) p.s. I never even considered the Patriots losing, what a disappointment...stamping can always make us feel better though right?!?

Kim O'Connell said...

Your coloring is beautiful! Love what you have done with the sketch! I am depressed over teh Pats. :(

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree - I think your flower looks beautiful! I love your use of the Sanded stamp and the stitching too.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful job watercoloring, Jen! I love the sanded background. A very classy card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your card! I agree with the others as well- you did a fabulous job watercoloring the flower! I have this set and have not had a chance to play with it - you have inspired me to get it out soon:-) Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! I forget that I have that weathered background stamp...I need to dust that off! Thanks for playing with the paper players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

I agree there's nothing wrong with your watercoloring--this is a beautiful card! Perfect use of the layout and I love, love the sanded BG! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!