Saturday, January 15, 2011

Monochromatic Card

I was very intrigued by the Just Add Ink challenge this week, which is all about creating a monochromatic card.  I've always had a special fondness for all things monochrome so I spent quite bit of time debating with myself what color I wanted to use for this challenge.

For my layout, I turned to the FTL sketch challenge this week, which to my mind is just taylor-made for a monochromatic card.

For my card, I settled on Crumb Cake.  I paper pierced and sponged the horizontal layer so that it would stand out a bit from the card base.

I love this flower!  It's the Tattered Florals Sizzix die from the Tim Holtz collection.  I'm not sure you can see it here, but it is stamped with the French Script stamp.  After I stamp it, I crinkle it up a bit then pierce a hole in the center and hold it all together with the Antique Brad.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Sue Rowe said...

So vintagey - absolutley gorgeous :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Just so 'vintage' and so adorable!

KimB said...

Its lovely Jen and I agree that flower die is awesome especially when finished with a vintage brad.
Kim

Vicky Hayes said...

Well less is definitely more in this case - it's stunning!

carole said...

So beuatiful card, I really love her.

Allie Cat's Creations said...

beautiful!