Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge 188

Today I thought I would participate in the Stamping 411 sketch challenge.

Do you find that inspiration comes from the many different places?  I do!  One of the design team cards got me thinking about the Newsprint dsp which I like very much, but had not used in quite a while.  So I settled on using that paper and a color scheme of very vanilla, basic black, and a little bit of real red.  Then I sat back and thought about what stamp set I would like to use.  All of my stamp sets are stacked in a bookcase that I got at Ikea so usually the ones on top are the only ones I see.  But today, one of my stacks was out out alignment so there was one stamp set peeking out from the bottom.  That one was Greenhouse Garden.  As one of my co-workers likes to say:  "light dawns on marble head" and I was off!

I went WAY into the vault on this one and found some red embossing powder that Stampin' Up! used to sell about a million years ago.  Actually it wasn't a million years ago.  I checked.  The last catalog I see it in is the 2006/2007 one.  But that's still a long time ago!  It shows up really nicely on the basic black cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the rich colors!

Anonymous said...

ooolalala now this is very very different for you Jeanette! I like it is was a surprise and having some one do something out of the ordinary is kind of fun.......hhmmmmmm must be in the air this week huh!!! LOL!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great Card....Great color Combo and so STRIKING!!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful card! I love the pop of red against the black and white1

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is BEATUTIFUL! I love your style and sense of color! Very Cool!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is an absolute stunner Jen! (And I'm NOT exaggerating!)

Kerin said...

Wow, this is one fantastic card Jen!! Love the dsp/color combo with a splash of red!

Patti Chesky said...

Nothing shouts elegance more than red, black and white. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is just awesome!! Love the color combo and that DSP!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog!!

Connie Babbert said...

Very striking! Love it!

gbarron56 said...

Jenn -- beautiful card -- love all the contrast and attention to detail. Great job! Thanks for playing at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeanette it looks like we make a good pair! LOL If only the operators knew (wink)

Anonymous said...

Very nice--good to see you playing along--I hope to play more with this group--love the sketches!
Hugs, Nola