Friday, March 11, 2011

MOJO181 and ColourQ 75

I have been thinking hard about the latest MOJO sketch ever since I saw it on Monday.

It is scary and intriguing all at the same time.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I knew that I wanted to try and make something.  Then I saw the ColourQ color challenge and I thought I had a match made in heaven!

What fabulous colors!  To me, these colors are tropical with a touch of black thrown in for a dramatic accent.  Ultimately, I had fun trying to put these two challenges together.  But I have to admit that I started this card yesterday and had to quit when I encountered a creative block.  When this happens I like to step away from my stamp room and take a break.  Today, I realized that a butterfly would solve all my problems!
   
The sketch graphic suggested a flower at the top of the circle and this is where I had my original hang-up.  I couldn't find a flower that I liked enough to add to my sentiment circle panel.  So I decided to take a break, sleep on it, and see what I came up with in the morning.  This is how I found myself thinking of butterflies.  I cut out the small butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, stamped it with the Fine Flourish stamp, added some Basic Pearl Jewels and put it on my card in place of the flower.  I also added some tiny Basic Pearl Jewels to portions of the flourish, but I think it's a little hard to see in the picture.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Awesome! This is one of the best cards I have seen made with this sketch! Good for you for tackling it! Love everything about this card!

Mary Fish said...

impeccable balance and beautiful details! hugs, mary

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautiful colours and you're right - the butterfly is perfect! I also really like the swirl you stamped on the Greenhouse Gala paper.

Sylvia said...

Lovely designed card, Jen! Love the embossed butterfly and all the texture created with your papers. Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week.

LeAnne said...

Wowza! Just an awesome creation--the butterfly looks wonderful there instead of the flower! SO pretty! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Unknown said...

Jen, I love your card! It's so bold and yet so elegant! Great job:)

Carla Cabrera said...

i really like the color combo on your card. You did a great job with the sketch.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!