Friday, May 13, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 40

ETA:  Well, it appears that Blogger has fixed whatever was wrong, so I can finally get this post up!

I'm so glad that I've had a chance to get some stamping in this week.  I don't know about you, but sometimes I think it's therapy!  And if I don't have a chance to get my fingers all inky, I get cranky!  I will spare you all the cranky details and share a creation with you instead.  Today, of course, is challenge day over at the ColorLab.  I hope you have time to join us this week as we create projects using these great colors.

I think I'm in heaven with these colors!  I know I don't use it very often, but Not Quite Navy is one fabulous color.  And look how wonderful these colors all look together.  I couldn't wait to get going using them.  I decided that the MOJO sketch from last week, would be a good way to show them off.
I really liked the scalloped edge on the larger layer and that cool oval element with the strings coming out of it.  There was a lot going on with this sketch, but I think that's the perfect way to highlight a color challenge that has more than three colors.

Once I put this card all together, I wasn't sure that I liked it.  Even now as I'm typing this, I'm not sure about it.  The Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy look crazy-good together, but I'm not sure that I've shown off the Pear Pizzazz and Rose Red to their best advantage.  I hate when I begin to second-guess myself about a card I've created.  I'm pretty sure it looks ok, but there's always that part of me that thinks that I should have gone back to the drawing board.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about and I'm also pretty sure that I'm too hard on myself, but there you have it. 

Anyway I'm sure that if you check out the ColorLab challenge this week and visit the design team, you will find ample inspiration to create something of your own.  I hope you'll join us this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet clean and graphic...perfect card Jeanette!

Anonymous said...

I love the card you made and how you combined the MOJO Monday sketch with the colors for the challenge.