Sunday, May 8, 2011

FTL139 and DCBD 226

Today I wanted to plant tomatoes in my garden.  I bought the plants yesterday and was all raring to go, then I got up this morning and looked outside.  It's overcast and quite chilly, so I talked myself out of planting and decided to make a card instead!  I really liked the colors this week at the Diva Coffee Break Designs and the Clean and Simple Stamping sketch, so it was easy to convince myself that I didn't belong outside!


The other day I made a card that I thought would make a good graduation card for my cousin, but now I think I like this one better!

This is such a great sentiment.  I've used it before to send a word of encouragement to someone, and I think it fits a lot of different occasions.  It's nice to let someone know that you are thinking of them and rooting for them as they begin a new chapter in their life.  Like a new job, or a move to a new location, or a graduation.  It's a very uplifting message!

Thanks for stopping by today.  And happy mother's day to everyone!

6 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Perhaps it might have brightened up by the time you've made a card... I know all the arguments! I love this sentiment too and I love your ribbon treatment, which would be great on a Hope and Strength card as it looks a little bit like the breast cancer charity ribbon.

Kristin Moore said...

LOVE IT! Great sketch to use in combination with these colors! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!

Sharon Wheet said...

I love your card! I also posted on the Diva Coffee Break Designs, and I love the layout you used! Beautiful work!

Created by You said...

Very nicely done, and the colors are great! Thanks for playing along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week!
Hugs,
SharonF.

Unknown said...

what a cute card! So crisp.

Sharon F (Created By You) said...

Beautiful card, love the clean lines and great DSP! Thanks for playing along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!
Hugs, Sharon f.