Friday, May 27, 2011

PPC59 and Viva La Verve and JAI69, Whew!

I think this is (possibly) the first time I've managed to combine three challenges in one card.  And one of those challenges that I managed to squeeze in was just a happy coincidence!  I actually started making this card on Thursday for the Picture Perfect Creations color challenge and one of the Viva La Verve sketch challenges for May.  Take a look.

So I had settled on the colors and the layout and I had a basic idea of how I wanted the card to look.  But I was tired last night, so I went to bed instead of finishing up.  Then tonight I sat down in my stamp room and picked a floral image that I wanted to use for my card.

I embossed the Early Espresso faux-alligator layer with clear embossing powder, then I couldn't seem to put the clear embossing powder down!  I stamped the floral images in Marina Mist, and embossed them too.  Then I stamped the leaves in Old Olive and thought they would look better embossed as well.  It's all quite shiny and lovely in real life!  So as I was cutting out the flowers and the leaves I realized that this card fit the Just Add Ink challenge this week of Fussy Cutting and my happy coincidence was born!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

i LOVE what you've done with these colors! the flower is stunning along with all the embossing that you've done! WOW!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

FANTASTIC! Clear embossing and powder and that embossing......wow! Love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

What fantastic textures in this card Jen! This has to be one of my favourites of yours. Enjoy your weekend! Vx

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I LOVE this card, Jen! Absolutely gorgeous.

Nikki Spencer said...

A gorgeous card Jen, your embossed panel is stunning and those flowers fit the JAI challenge perfectly.

Michele said...

WOW... Stunning and Fabulous card! Love that alligator embossing! Your cards always POP!! Thanks for joining us at PPC again this week!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous and there's definitely some fussy cutting involved in doing the flowers and leaves.

Lori Turner said...

Gorjussss as usual, Jen!!! Love the crisp, clean images and all that embossing is perfect! Thanks for playing at PPC this week...

Lesley said...

Gorgeous Jen! This is a true "You" card! Love the flower and the leaves and all that perfect texture. Thanks for joining the PPC!
Hugs,
Lesley

Jodene said...

This is simply beautiful Jen! Love your flower and the faux alligator skin is divine! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink :)

KimB said...

A really lovely card jen - the faux alligator really makes a statement and yur fussy cut flower is stunning in blue.
Kim (JAI)