Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sketchbook Saturday 13 and Color Inspiration 157

It's late on Saturday, but I finally finished my card for the Sketchbook Saturday and Color Inspiration challenges. 

I've been watching movies on TV while making this card, which is VERY distracting.  I'm pretty sure I could have finished it hours ago if I was concentrating a little harder!

I stamped the background of my oval layer with En Francais.  I think it makes a nice background for the floral images from the Fabulous Florets stamp set, which you may have noticed that I watercolored.  And I'm pretty sure that I have had a watercoloring epiphany!  Previously, my attempts at watercoloring involved my very unprofessional attempts at shading and applying the colors "just so."  Well today, quite by accident, I applied the color in a rather slap-dash method.  I sort of swirled the colors around, left some "white" space and I've got to say that I really like how it turned out.  It really looks like watercoloring to me!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

SO gorgeous Jen! I love it!!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I don't know what film you were watching Jen but it's done no harm at all to your design! You've described my own water colour technique perfectly! Vx

dstandard said...

What a pretty card - love the colors!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super gorgeous! I love how you cut out the flowers, truly breathtaking!