Thursday, July 21, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 50

Welcome to week three of the ColorLab New Color Palooza!

This week features the awesome Lucky Limeade, which may replace Kiwi Kiss in my affections.  The jury is still out in that regard, but so far I like this color very much.

This is not a color combo that I would ordinarily put together, but as usual once I figured out my layout and the stamps I wanted to use, the color palette made perfect sense to me!  I used one of the stamps from Pocket Silouettes which I colored with my Riding Hood Red and Lucky Limeade markers.  The Perfect Plum layer is actually some Halloween paper from a few years ago!  It wasn't very Halloween-y  so I thought it would be a perfect accent layer.  I love doing that!

The layout is a bit unusual, but I thought it was pretty interesting so I thought I'd see what I came up with if I used it.  It's from a Taylored Expressions sketch challenge that I found in my "binder o-sketches."  It has no number and I couldn't find a link to it on the blog, so you'll have to believe me when I say that's the one!  I remained true to the sketch except for a ribbon that was supposed to go between the Lucky Limeade and Perfect Plum layers.

So I hope you have some time to hop on over to the ColorLab and check out the other samples from the design team.  I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration to get you started.  And don't worry if you don't have the exact colors.  You can use whatever you have that is close (Kiwi Kiss anyone)!

6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

I LOVE that layout with that slanted panel! Must CASE!

Jen Timko said...

This is a really cool layout and you made the colors look perfect together.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great layout and perfect use of the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the card layout. And the way you used the colors really sets it off, too.

Vicky Hayes said...

That slanting panel is really eye catching and I love that you used the halloween paper!

Jessica said...

Yikes!!! Love it!! Really nice card, tfs!
Jessica
www.rememberj.blogspot.com