Saturday, July 30, 2011

Color Throwdown 152

I thought I'd attempt the Color Throwdown challenge this week because the colors are awesome!

So then I searched around until I found an interesting sketch.  One of the July Viva La Verve sketches caught my eye.

I know it doesn't look like it, but the flowers are really not the same color!  The larger flower layer is colored with Rose Red and the smaller one with Melon Mambo.  I was really surprised to see that the colors are so close, even in real life.  I think maybe I should have watercolored them to make them seem more different.

Well later today I've got a bridal shower to go to at my aunt's house.  It's supposed to be a lovely day and I think we'll be outside in the garden.  Should be a great time!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Judy said...

I love this card. The colors are right up in my comfort zone. Great jog.
Have a wonderful day.
Judy

Christine Blain said...

Jen, this is stunning!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Great job, Jen. The bold colors are so beautiful

Broni said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!