Saturday, July 9, 2011

MOJO 198 and JAI 75

In a very strange sense of deja vu, the color challenge this week at Just Add Ink is eerily similar to colors I used on a card that I made the other day. 
It's been nice using Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede again.  I tend to associate those colors with fall and winter so it's good to get them out and let them share the summer limelight!  I chose this week's MOJO sketch as my layout.
I was a little stumped about those two narrow, horizontal layers on the sketch.  I ended up doing the scrunchy ribbon thing on one and then just cutting a narrow strip of Basic Black and wrapping some baker's twine around it for the other.  Then I found some horrible black organdy ribbon in my stash that I used to create the bow in the corner.  I say horrible because the organdy ribbon I used is cheap, not very good quality, and since I've discovered seam binding ribbon everything else pales in comparison.  I think I'll have to get some in black so that I don't have use that other stuff ever again!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy your weekend.  I'm off to the garden to pull some weeds.  I swear that during the summer, weeding the garden becomes my part time job.  Too bad the work is boring and doesn't pay!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Love your card Jen, those 2 narrow layers work really well. The ribbon doesn't make your card cheap by any means.

Vicky Hayes said...

I agree that it doesn't but when you've been using seam binding everything pales in comparison! I'm another fan of it!

Michelle said...

Lovely card, Jen. I love your black bow, even if you don't like the ribbon. :-)
Michelle.

Anonymous said...

DANG!!!! This card is pretty with all the ribbon treatment. Yum Yum Yum I love it!

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful combination of the 2 challenges Jen, Really lovely! Thanks for playing at JAI.

Jess S said...

love this, i think the black bow is very pretty

Rachel Moore said...

love what you have done with the two challenges, your card looks great

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

this is so beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Melisa Hunter said...

A very pretty card in these colours! Congrats on your win!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is soooo cute! Congrats on being chosen one of the MOjoest!!