Sunday, July 24, 2011

MOJO 200

Well yesterday, after a long day of travel, I made it back home from my vacation (although my luggage decided it was having a grand time in Philadelphia and stayed there overnight)!  Today I slept late, ran some errands then decided I had avoided my stamp room for too long.  It's been a while since I've held a stamp and cardstock and everything else that goes along with making a card in my hands and I'm a little nervous that my card-mojo has deserted me.  To get me back in the swing of things, I thought making a card for the latest MOJO sketch would be a good thing.  Maybe the MOJO could inspire my mojo!

The sketch had me optimistic.  A nice blend of circles and squares, a little ribbon, a vertical layer with somethng interesting going on.  I was ready to get to work.

I really wanted to use some of the new In Colors so I looked at the Berry Blossoms dp and let those colors be my guide.  Among others, that dp uses Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Early Espresso, which is what I used here.  I stamped three different sizes of the flower in Calypso Coral (stamping off the middle layer so it would be a little lighter and coloring the smaller layer with markers to get the Early Espresso center).  Then I oh-so carefully cut those flowers out.  They were a little tricky to cut, but my trusty snips did the job wonderfully!

2 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

And you're right back in it! G-O-R-G-O-U-S! Nuff said!

Vicky Hayes said...

Welome home Jen! Your mojo certainly hasn't deserted you (even if your luggage has!) The flower was so worth the time!