Friday, July 1, 2011

Paper Players 53 and Color Dare 107

This week Lesley has cooked up quite a sketch for us at the Paper Players.

I thought long and hard about this sketch before I attempted it.  I had a hard time deciding on a color scheme until Wednesday when I saw that the color challenge this week at The Color Dare was Marina Mist, Certainly Celery and So Saffron.

I had a hankering to do a little sewing so I got out my Janome Sew Mini and stitched each of the So Saffron layers.  Then I had a hankering to use the retired Heartfelt Thanks stamp set.  Sometimes these things just hit me and I have no idea why. 

That's not exactly true.  Usually, when I have not decided on what stamp set I'm going to use for a sketch or a color challenge, I will get up close and personal with ALL of my stamp sets.  I methodically go through each one until I find the perfect one.  And sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'll have that " A HA" moment, where I stumble on a stamp set that is absolutley perfect for what I have in mind.  In this particular case I wouldn't call it an "A HA" moment so much as a "hey, I haven't used that stamp set in a while" moment.  And so this card was born.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! I love the pop of color with the blue! The stitching is a wonderful touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Love this--such a soothing color palette! Thanks for playing with us this week, too!

Lauri said...

What a beautiful color combination! Love how the stiching sets off the layers! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Jen,
what a gorgeous card. I LOVE the colors, the use of the Heartfelt Thanks and the sewing!!! What a fabulous take on the challenge. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week. You know I always enjoy visiting your fabulous creations.
hugs
jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

So soft and pretty Jen! I've always loved that particular Sweet Pea pattern and love how you've highlight the flower bloom into the three panels of our sketch--fantastic! Great stitching detail too! So glad you play along with us!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, you went and did it again! You created another stunner! Love the color mix and I loved reading about your stamp selection process. I do something pretty similar. Just gorgeous, as always! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

Lesley said...

This was one of my favourite sets!!! You have created another awesome card, I just love your simple, clean style!
Hugs,
Lesley

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this tone-on-tone look and the sewing is fab!