Monday, July 11, 2011

PPA 101 and FTL 148

The challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts is brought to you by the color blue!  Lots and lots of blue!

I wanted to do a little something that was Clean And Simple for my card to really show off the blues.  First I noticed the latest FTL sketch, but I was a little intimidated by the circles so I decided to check out my "binder of sketches" to see if I could find something else.  Nothing really caught my eye so I ended up going with those circles!
And I don't mind saying that it was a little tricky making sure I had those circles lined up correctly.  I used grid paper, dotto, pencil marks and a few prayers to make sure I had them right!

So, I ended up following some true CAS roots for this one.  Lots of white space.  Yum!  Even though the circles were a little tricky I enjoyed the challenge of putting them all together!

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I was really stumped by this sketch but you've made it work beautifully. Great idea to stick with shades of one colour!

Anonymous said...

plain and Yummy!!!!! Such a great stamp a stack layout!

Allison said...

Beautiful CAS card!

Lesley said...

Oh wow Jen, I love what you did with the colours! Awesome!
Lesley

Brenda Dean said...

Very nice!