Sunday, July 3, 2011

PPA Turns 100!

One challenge that I like to participate in is the Pals Paper Arts.  It's hard to believe, but this week's challenge is #100.  Time flies, doesn't it?  And the Pals' challenge to us is to make a card using a favorite technique.  Well, that was a no-brainer for me, since my favorite technique is none other than the faux mother-of-pearl!  You're shocked, I can tell!

Anyway, I hunted around the blogosphere and thought that the Deconstructed Sketch and the Inkspirations Color challenges would fit the bill for my card.


I feel a little bit like I'm in some weird Stampin' Up! limbo land.  I've ordered all kinds of goodies from the new catalog, but I haven't received them yet.  And when I look through my stamps nothing seems very interesting to me!  I must be pining for my new stuff, since the old stuff in not very inspiring.  But, here's what I came up with for these challenges anyway.

I found some Baja Breeze patterned paper from the Urban Garden dp.  I'm not 100% sure that I like it, but I like to use up supplies in my stash, especially ones that have been hanging around for ages.  And I also used a Texturz plate on the Poppy Parade layer - something that I haven't used in a very long time.  Those don't give quite as deep an impression as the embossing folders, but when you need a softer look they are the way to go.  And I lightly mist the cardstock with rubbing alcohol first, because it seems to soften up the cardstock and makes a better impression.  (And it dries much quicker than water).

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of this week's colours as well as the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the use of the Texturz plate - and thanks for the misting tip. I think we all feel a bit like you do when the new catalogue comes out... trying new things is such a pleasure!

H2 :) said...

Great use of the sketch & colours Jen. Thanks for the awesome tip on the texture plate misting. :)

Pam~ said...

I like your DSP paper ... looks great with the flowers! Beautiful colors ... can't go wrong with Baja Breeze! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

so funny I feel the same way and will be happy (like Christmas Morning) Happy when my goodies get here at the end of the week! LOL

Jen Timko said...

I'm with you in "no man's land". Can't wait for the new order! You did an awesome job with this, as usual!

Cindy Major said...

Oh, how pretty! I love those flowers!

Cindy

Renée said...

Love the layout and all the fun elements! the popped up DSP flowers are fab! thanks for playing with us at Inkspirations!