Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PPA55

There was no way I was going to miss the color challenge over at the Paper Players.  Lucky for me the challenge ran for two weeks because of the Stampin' Up! convention so I was able to make a card early and post it while I'm away from home.


As usual, I see a card with Crumb Cake and I'm practically powerless to resist!  Add Basic Gray and I am in raptures!

I inked up my brand new Raining Flowers stamp set for this card.  And to add a little twist mixing some old with some new, I used some retired designer paper in shades of Basic Gray for the bottom half of this card (I don't remember the name of the paper, though.  Eek!).  I think I'm really going to like this stamp set.  It has some very interesting stamps and lots of two-step stamping potential!

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

it's so beautiful Jen!! Love it!!

Lauri said...

Another beautiful card from Jen! I am loving everything made with that set too...just have to get it now! Thanks for playing with our Color Challenge this week!

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful, Jen! The addition of that patterned paper was brilliant! Loving that flower!

jaydee said...

Jen, another masterpiece. this is bold, graphic and fabulous. Absolutely love it.
I always look forward to see your creations every week at the Paper Players
jaydee

LeAnne said...

I was on the fence about this set, but I love what YOU've don't with it! Another masterpiece! Thanks for playing with us and making this week extra-special!

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! You made these colros look easy! Love the Gray paper!

Nance Leedy said...

A perfect "Jen" card! You are the color blocking master! Love that speckled basic gray DSP and your Raining Flowers focal piece is gor-juss! Fabulous card, as usual! So glad you play along with us at The Paper Players!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the Raining Flowers flower and those colours are brilliant together - I've only just fallen in love with Poppy Parade!

Tui Nathan said...

This is gorgeous Jen ... love the flower, button and twine, it is soo effective and certainly deserves centre stage ... love the stitching, had to zoom in cos it looked like real machine stitching!!!
Have to agree with Nance, you do the colour blocking thingy really well ... love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Players this week!!!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! I love the balanced layout and the subtle patterns of the DSP! Perfect! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, this is clean and elegant with the perfect mix of pattern and texture! You have done it again! Just gorgeous! thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players and congrats on your Cut Above pick! :)