Sunday, July 10, 2011

PPC 64: The hardest color challenge ever!

Last Monday I checked out the color challenge at Picture Perfect Creations and thought I was seeing things!  The Soft Suede, Peach Parfait, and Cherry Cobbler made picture perfect (pun intended) sense to me.  But wait!  They decided to throw in Pacific Point to make things interesting!

That's not so much interesting as downright scary!  I had no idea what to do, or how I could possibly make this work.  So I closed my browser window and decided to sleep on it for a few days.  By Sunday I figured I had evaded this challenge long enough so I picked the Stamping 411 sketch challenge to be my victim partner in crime.

The sketch was good.  Clean lines, lots of layers.  Everything I like in a sketch.  But pairing it with this color challenge was definitely challenging!

I decided to take a sort of color-block approach to this card.  Each layer is focused on one of the colors so that they sort of exist by themselves.  Actually, one of the first thoughts I had about this card was doing an image that I could color {a snowman with a colorful scarf} but to tell the truth, by the time I sat down to make this card, it was hours after the original thought and I had completely forgotten about that idea!  Oops!  So this is what emerged.  I'm not in any way sold on this.  It seemed so much better in my head when I was designing it! 

I'm glad I attempted this challenge.  It's fun to try something that you are a little afraid of, isn't it?  After all, it's only a bit of color, not bungey-jumping off a bridge or something! 

So on that thought I will leave you with good wishes for a happy Sunday!

7 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

what a fabulous card ~ way to jump off that bridge! I love the 'color block approach' ~ I struggle with color challenges too ~ but you nailed it! great sketch to use from stamping 411, thanks for playing along with us this week ~ have a wonderful day!

Lori Turner said...

JEN!!! Looking at your card and not reading your post, I would NEVER guess that you struggled with these colors! WTG!! I love the color block technique and the layout rocks!

Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

Erna Logtenberg said...

It's amazing Jen, what you did with that crazy color challenge!! LOL.
You rock girl!!

Michele said...

What Lori said! Your card is fabulous! You always come out with a star card in the making!!! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!!! :-)

Selene Kempton said...

Mmmmm, this is so pretty! I love what you did with combining the challenges! Thanks for playing over on 411 this week! :D

Lesley said...

I know right? These were the most difficult colours I have ever worked with! LOL! Blue? Really? Blue? Yet somehow it works. Great idea doing a colour block approach, love how you use the sketch too.
Hugs,
Me

Unknown said...

Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.
Pay Per Click Thailand
Social Media Marketing Thailand