Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches 15

I've been so busy the last few days trying to get my Christmas cards organized and out in the mail that I haven't spent any creative time in my stamp room.  Last night I tried to put make a card, but nothing was coming together so I quit!  Luckily I made my card for the latest Freshly Made Sketch a few days ago!

I hope you can join us because this week Cindy has given us a really fun sketch.  It really got me thinking!

 
There are so many possibilities with those rectangles, and I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this versatile sketch.  Since I've been trying to put away my Christmas stamps for good this season, I decided to go with some fun colors and a birthday theme.


The Berry Blossoms designer paper provided this gorgeous color scheme.  And as I was looking at the flowers on the designer paper it occurred to me that I hadn't used my Flower Daisies Sizzix die in a long while and it would make a nice addition to my card.  I cut out three of the flowers to layer together then used a white flower punched from the Boho Blossoms punch and a Lucky Limeade brad to finish off the center.

This is our last sketch for 2011 so that the design team can take a little break.  But we'll be back on January 4th with another fun sketch.  This is also our last sketch with our talented guest designers Lauri and Christy Q.  It's been a lot of fun having them on board and seeing their beautiful cards each week.

But now it's time to check out the inspiration from the design team and then let's get inky together one last time this year!

Lesley Croghan
Linda Callahan
Cindy Hall
Lauri Ingram
Tui Nathan
Christy Q
Jennifer Timko
Rita Wright

8 comments:

Lauri said...

I love that die! I have to get out of Christmas mode and this is just the card to inspire me! Thanks for welcoming me as a DT member the past two months! I have had a ton of fun!

Lesley said...

Love your colors Jen and the daisies are so refreshing.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, that daisy is gorgeous.

None None said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! Love the flower, it is the perfect accent to your fantastic birthday card.

Thanks for a fun 7 weeks at FMS, I thoroughly enjoyed working with you. And I will continue to follow your blog inspiration.

Jen Timko said...

Love this paper and your take on the sketch! What a great flower! Have a great Christmas!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Wowsy.. what a sweet card you created here! Love it! I have to try out my flower die real soon again. Thanks for reminding me of this fun SU die!

Have a great weekend.
Inky hugs, Pauline

Tui Nathan said...

Absolutely fabulous Jen ... that daisy is super gorgeous and i looove the dimension ... love too the colours, bright and happy!

Sue said...

Just a brilliant card even when you was so busy Luv Sue x