Saturday, February 11, 2012

Color Throwdown 178 and FTL 177

Today was a lazy, rainy day and I was anxious to get in my stamp room.  But after running a few errands this morning, I found myself puttering around the house doing some cleaning so I didn't have a chance to be creative until late this afternoon.


I thought the Color Throwdown challenge this week was a little unusual for this time of year, but it's got all sorts of colors that I love so started my card there.  I don't have any Summer Sun so I substituted Crushed Curry, which is pretty close.  I even substituted Daffodil Delight for the little flower buttons.  In real life these are so close it's hard to tell they're not the same color!


Then I checked out the sketch at Clean&Simple and thought it was pretty unusual so I wanted to give it a try.

I almost ran into a snag right away.  My card is 4 1/4-inches square and I didn't have a scallop Nestie big enough to create that partial circle.  Then I had an a-ha moment.  (It was actually more like a "duh" moment).  For Christmas I got an electronic cutter that I had been dreaming about for at least a year.  I've been experimenting with it, but I hadn't used it in a few weeks and actually sort of forgot about it.  Thank goodness I remembered it, because the great thing about it is that you can take any shape and make it whatever size you want!  So I just used a scallop circle and made it big enough fit my card!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done. Yeah for electronic cutters :)

Robyn said...

Oooh! I like your pretty version of the sketch!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fabulous Jen! I've been struggling with this sketch but you have really rocked it!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!

Erna Logtenberg said...

this is beautiful Jen!! I am struggling with this sketch too :-))

Aleksandra said...

Woooow... this is gorgeous! I love it! The sketch is great and you've interpreted it so well. I love the flower and the little swirls" Lovely!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful card from the colors and the sketch! love your flower!