Saturday, February 18, 2012

Color Throwdown 179 and Pals Paper Arts 129

This has been one of those weeks where I have had absolutely no time to stamp!  I actually have not set foot in my stamp room to get crafty since last Sunday!  Eek!  Today I was determined to remedy that, so I checked out some of my favorite challenges and sat down at my desk.

I recently learned that friend of mine got engaged to be married so I wanted to make a card for her.


I used the wonderful layout from Pals Paper Arts designed by Margaret Moody.  It's a great sketch that can be dressed up or down.  I decided to keep mine pretty clean to show off the lovely lady holding the champagne.  The colors come from Color Throwdown.



I think taking a week off has made my card-making skills rusty because now that I've had a chance to really look at this card I wish I had dressed it up a bit.  Now that I've got my feet wet again, I'll be heading back in my stamp room to get my craft on!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Love your dimensional card! I'm not sure I have the patience to cut out a detailed image. ;-) Thanks for visiting my blog post.... the stamp I used is an old Hero Arts sentiment.

Dawn Tidd said...

I think it's adorable and your friend will too! The colors and sketch look great together.

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! Your image is so sweet!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a perfect engagement card...and very pretty!! I'll clink a glass to that :] So glad you could join us at the Color Throwdown this week.