Tuesday, February 28, 2012

colourQ 126

For some reason my supply of birthday cards has dwindled to practically nothing.  I know I've made some, I'm just not sure where they went.  But I checked and double-checked and they're gone.  So I'm mounting a birthday card campaign and figured the colourQ challenge this week was a great place to start.



It seems like it's been ages since I've used Early Espresso, so it was nice to see that deep, rich color again!  The perfectly matched polka dotted designer paper is from Berry Blossoms (gotta love that Stampin' Up! matchy-match)!  I think the crowning achievement on this card, though is my carefully colored sentiment from Delightful Dozen.  I never quite know how it's going to come out when I color a stamp like this with individual markers, but this one came out quite nice despite a little bleed between the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight.  I thought the scallop and circles looked a little lost so I added the Lucky Limeade flourish and the Daffodil Delight button.

Now head on over to colourQ and check out the AMAZING creations of the design team.  Loads of inspiration there!  Then I hope you have a chance to join us for this yummy color challenge.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Love this! The sentiment looks amazing!

Aileen said...

Love the way you've used the flourish and the sentiment panel is just fab. x

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! Love how it turned out! There always seems to be a shortage of birthday cards around here as well!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Love the papers, sentiment and that giant button!!! So thrilled you're on the colourQ DT!!!

Marybeth said...

Such a pretty card, love the flourish die and bright button.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is stunning, I love your polka dot paper.

Mynn xx said...

This is too cute! LOVE that giant button--and the polka dots make me so happy! :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Another fab card with the colourq colors! Great job!