Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 21

It's Wednesday and time for another great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


I recently got some new goodies and decided to break them out for my card.  I just love trying out new stuff!


I used one of the sheets from the Everyday Enchantment designer paper available for FREE in the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  I'm not sure I would have thought to put Pool Party and Poppy Parade together, but they look great together.  All the papers in this pack have a lovely tea-stained, vintage look to them that is so pretty.

For the longest time, I couldn't decide what I wanted for my circular layer.  I wanted to use one of my new stamps, but nothing was clicking for me.  In the end I went with an old favorite, Raining Flowers.  I added a simple "thank you" sentiment stamped in Pool Party that shows up much better in real life.  All in all, I think this is a simple card with some interesting colors.

Now don't forget to check out the other fabulous Freshly Made Sketches design team creations, because they are really something to see.  Lots of inspiration there, I'm telling you!



10 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

This card is fabulous! I just love your beautiful combination of the DP and the Raining Flowers image. Squeaky clean and fresh as spring!

Rita W said...

Pretty! I love that you used those flowers as your circular element. I always forget about that stamp set!

Linda Callahan said...

Just lovely! That paper is wonderful! And you make the best flowers!

My Creative Side said...

love this stamp set!! Love your colors, so fresh and simple!!!

Lesley said...

I love Pool Party and Poppy Parade together! YUMMY! Great card as always Jen, you are the master of layered flowers. I love them!

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous card Jen ... love these colours together, fresh and funky and the addition of that pretty flower is perfection!

Lisa Elton said...

VERY PRETTY Jen! Love the polka dot paper and your sweet blossom!

Jen Timko said...

This paper is making me actually like Poppy Parade! Your card uses the colors perfectly! Beautiful!

Aileen said...

Love the blue against the poppy, gives it such a fresh feel. Raining flowers bloom looks super for your focal shape. x

Cindy Hall said...

I love the colors, and your flower is absolutely perfect! Beautifully done!