Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 24

It seems like I've been seeing a lot of butterflies in blogland and I realized that it's been quite some time since I've made a card with a butterfly.  I can feel spring in the air, so the timing is perfect.  Rita's fantastic sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches is so versatile and I thought it was perfect for me to ink up and show off my favorite butterfly stamp.



I used some Rose Red dp from Thoroughly Modern which I thought looked pretty striking with the Basic Black card base.  But I ended up setting this card aside for a day because I felt like something was missing and I needed to think about it.  When I came back, I added the So Saffron ribbon which lead to the cardstock and little flower.

The gorgeous butterfly is from the retired set, Simple Friendship.  I inked it up with Rose Red then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  That makes cutting it out so much easier.  The little layered flower is from the same set and I finished it off with a black brad in the center.  And since mother's day will be here before you know it, I decided to get a jump start on a card for my mother and stamped it with this lovely sentiment from Well Scripted.

I hope you have a chance to join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I think you'll agree that Rita's sketch has tons of possibilities.  It's so fun to see everyone's entries each week because everyone puts their own unique "stamp" on the card (if you'll pardon my pun)!  Here's the round up from our super-talented design team.



                                       

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

"Butterflies in Blogland"........we could do a whole series on it! :)

This card is buttoned up gorgeous - beautiful lines - great colors - I am going to show up at your house one day for tutoring!

Rita W said...

I must have the butterfly bug too because both of my club cards for March are butterflies! :) If Linda is coming over for tutoring, I'm joining her! I love your style so much. I love this one; the butterfly and flower are beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

I have had an addiction to butterflies for a while. Glad to see you are on board too. Oh, I'm coming for that class too! ;-) Saving this one for a CASE!

None None said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Love the colors and that addition of yellow was brilliant. The flower is beautiful and the butterfly is magnificent. I have to jump on the butterfly train someday... LOL

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the butterfly :).

Sue said...

Wonderful card Jen the butterfly stunning and i have been catching up with your blog posts that i have missed some amazing cards on there Luv Sue x

Anonymous said...

HI:
I too am an avide butterfly lover. In fact, I have a butterfly tattoo.
Love the card. Yes the yellow & flower makes the card.
Keep the inspiration coming. Thanks for sharing.
Mary Ann

Cindy Hall said...

I love your card. The colors are so striking together... so truly "fresh and clean". It's going into my CASE file for sure!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful butterfly Jen. I love the composition here.

Tui Nathan said...

Stunning ....love the clean lines and brilliant colour combo ... and yep, I love the butterflies too ... a simply gorgeous creation!
Oh, and when I'm up your way, I'll pop in too!!!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Jen, the butterfly is so pretty and the flower is the perfect touch. Yes, Mother's Day is close at hand!! Now you are ready!!!

Aileen said...

Just gorgeous! Love the clean crisp colours and stunning butterfly. x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the bold colors of this--and your popped up images give great depth! Fabulous!!! :)