Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 81

I could hardly believe the news this week that Stampin' Up! is giving Baja Breeze the ax!  I figured it was a pretty popular color especially since it showed up a lot on vintage style cards, but apparently not.  So in a little homage to the prettiest of blues, my card this week for Freshly Made Sketches features some Baja Breeze and a bit of Regal Rose too.



Our sketch this week comes from Cindy and it's the sort of classic sketch that will fit in with everyone's stamping style.  There's plenty of room for interpretation here!  Let your creativity shine!

In my effort to show off Baja Breeze, I cut into my precious Parisian Breeze DSP which, if you don't remember, is gorgeous, textured patterned paper.  Unfortunately all that texture doesn't provide a good surface for stamping as is evidenced by the splotchy sentiment that I stamped in Chocolate Chip.  It actually looks better in real life and I'm sure that the recipient of this card will be able to read it just fine.

Now, head on over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out the inspiration from our always amazing design team.  Trust me, there's a lot there that you will love!

Supplies:
Stamps:  You (Simon Says Stamp)
Accessories:  Parisian Breeze DSP, Fire Circles Rhinestone Brad (SU); You die (Simon Says Stamp); brown brads (American Crafts); Labels Four die (Spellbinders)

11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Yes you do do amazing things - like this card! Gorgeous! Love the pink flower with that beautiful DSP! The first cut is the hardest :)

Marisa said...

I'm reeling from Certainly Celery and Pretty and Pink and Regal Rose - use them ALL the time as they are fabulous colour combo and great for flowers! So, so sad - and mad LOL!

Gorgeous flower as the focal point and great take on the sketch.

Cindy Hall said...

I'm shedding tears at the loss of Baja Breeze. It's the color that I will miss the most. This card is so incredibly beautiful, and it should be used to convince SU not to discontinue Baja Breeze! I love this color combo and the details of your card are exceptionally amazing.

Rita W said...

I love Baja Breeze, but really haven't used it since Pool Party came around. Maybe it's all my fault that it's going. Sorry!

Love your card. I'm not sure how you make Regal Rose look so good. When I try it looks like Pepto-Bismol spilled on my card.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love, love, love that pink flower! It's Rita's fault BB is leaving?! I should have known!!!! I am going to miss that colour so much!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm going to miss Baja Breeze too Jen! Gee you "do" flowers as a focal point to perfection. This flower is just stunning as is your use of colours!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love that pretty pink flower framed with the blue scallops.

Allisa said...

Love your colors and your flower is pink perfection!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I love that flower and your clean layout. I am really going to miss Baja Breeze too.

Ellen Taylor said...

Such a pretty card and color combo! TFS