Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 83

This week at Freshly Made Sketches we have got a great sketch designed by Allisa.  You're going to love it because it's classic!  The layers are just the thing to show off some of your patterned paper, I think!


For my card I foraged around in my stash and found some DSP called Cottage Wall.  It's got a bold color scheme featuring Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry, although I added a bit of stamping in Lucky Limeade for some contrast.  I was surprised to see that the color difference between the Lucky Limeade ink and the Old Olive DSP is not that far apart.  At first I had an entirely different floral accent on my card, had it all posted and ready to go before I changed my mind, ripped it off and went with the layered flower you see here.  Luckily the first one came off cleanly!

Today, the design team from Freshly Made Sketches is joining in a surprise birthday blog hop for Vicki Burdick so we all made birthday cards this week.  And Lesley, is hosting a little linky party for Vicki on her blog so head on over there to see all of the well wishes for her.  You're welcome to join in!

And don't forget to head on back to Freshly Made Sketches to join us with our sketch challenge this week!  We love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Inspired by Nature, Made For You (SU)
Accessories:  Meadowleaf die (Poppystamps); Rich Razzleberry ribbon, Antique Brad (SU)


14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flower card as always, Jen :) Lvoe the colour combo too.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous, I am a big fan of razzleberry and I love that flower!! Thank you so much for making my birthday so special!!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful birthday card and pretty flower. Love the rich razzleberry also.

Linda said...

Jen, this is so beautiful. I love the colors. And thanks for the lovely comments you have left on my blog. I really appreciate it.

Linda Callahan said...

I love Cottage Wall - it makes one pretty card for sure! Love your bright flower - you are a master gardener!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Jen! I think I have come cottage wall kicking around too! I love that flower!!! It looks great against the grass!!! So pretty!

Vicky Hayes said...

This DP was a favourite of mine Jen and it looks superb here with the Lucky Limeade. I don't know what the previous flower looked like but I love this gorgeous layered number!

Cindy Hall said...

I love it when you forage in your stuff! I recognize some of my favorite products in this card! That flower is so pretty, and I love your color scheme. So beautiful.

Lesley said...

I love this colour combo, that was some of my favourite paper. Love this card Jen, it is so pretty.

Amy O said...

Beautiful, Jen! I love your layered flower and the pretty brad. And I love how you layered the grass -- great extra detail!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful color combo Jen! The flower is gorgeous but I bet the first one you had on there was too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm a huge fan of this colour combo Jen - I just love your card. The brad is a lovely touch to the centre of your flower and I love the background stamping of the leaves - I missed buying this stamp set :(

Rita W said...

Purple and green? Oh yeah! Great combination of colors and super gorgeous flower!