Tuesday, June 4, 2013

colourQ 192

It's time for a new palette from colourQ!  This week are some pretty colors that, despite the inspiration photo, made me think of flowers.



It's been a while since my Soft Sky ink pad saw the light of day, so after giving it a few drops of reinker I was pleasantly surprised to see that it still made a decent impression.  I thought the layered flowers would look nice in the lighter blue and added the Island Indigo flower as a center accent.  (And my eyes were pretty well crossed once I got done with all that fussy cutting)!

I used the latest challenge at Unscripted Sketch for my layout and couldn't decide what to do for the small rectangle at the top.  So I decided a little poetic license was in order and used some Island Indigo ribbon and a button that matches the color exactly.  And I meant to dry emboss the white layer behind the flower but had it all taped down before I remembered.  I think it would have looked so much more interesting with a little texture.  



Be sure to stop by colourQ and check out the inspiration from the design team.  All the cards and scrapbook layouts are pretty amazing!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Bloom & Grow (Verve)
Accessories:  Island Indigo ribbon (SU); Witch Hazel button (October Afternoon); Elegant Leaves die (Verve); pewter brad (American Crafts); crochet thread


9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen, I love all the white and your beautiful flower! Have a lovely Tuesday!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Love it!!

Happy Dance said...

This is so dreamy. Those soft, sherbet-y colors just pop ever so slightly with your bold border. It's gorgeous. Love this card-way love it. Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is absolutely beautiful. I love that flower and the soft subtle shades!

Deepti said...

This is soooooooooooo beautiful, I love these colors and you have combined the colors in a perfect proportion

She's a Color Queen said...

This is beautiful!

dstandard said...

Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing at US!

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Jen, Love love love your card too and I wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my Happy Hour card. Happy stamping, Bev.

SmilynStef said...

You achieved the perfect balance of all of those colors ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.