Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 89

I've got to admit that I let out a little "squeeeeeee" when I saw this awesome sketch by Rita for Freshly Made Sketches.  Sometimes a sketch just grabs me and makes me say yay!  This is one of those sketches.



First of all I love square cards so that was a given that I would love this card.  But add in the rectangle that offers so manly possibilities and the fun little flags peeking from the bottom of the rectangle and I was in heaven.  I realized pretty soon after I saw the yellow challenge at Catered Crop that these two challenges would be perfect for each other.


I don't often use yellow, but Catered Crop story board was so bright and inspiring that I wanted to see if I could make something with yellow that I was happy with.  I used kraft and black to add some neutrals to the brightness and I love how these colors all look together.

The Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some great cards to inspire you this week so hop on over there to check them out.  Then join us in the gallery, because we love to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dot Spot, Beautiful Butterflies (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Stitched Sentiment Flag die (Lil Inker Designs); black button (amuse studio); baker's twine


14 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!

Shelly said...

Lovin' this! The yellows are perfect and square cards, do rock! ;)

Jen Timko said...

Yellow looks good on you!! *smile* Love this and I, too, just love this sketch! It is going to be a fun week!

Linda Callahan said...

The sketch IS suoer this week - and the yellow on your card is delightful! Love it with the Crumb Cake! Who knew?? You did!

Tracey McNeely said...

Super sweet card Jen!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty Jen. Love the yellow, black, kraft color combo.

Rita W said...

Yellow and craft look great together! Love, love, LOVE!

Kim S said...

So wonderfully cheerful!

Jen Brum said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! I have that set and need to get it out more often and these colours are fabulous! I may be casing this one!!!! I love the yellow! Just makes me smile!

Linda McClain said...

Holy Smokes! This is gorgeous. I love how bright and cheerful it looks.

cm said...

Fabulous, gorgeous, stunning card! Love the yellow, the square shape, the flags - absolutely a winning, eye-catching, cheerful combination. Yes indeed, this is a real gem!
Thank you for your warm comments on my TAWS Tags...I'm trying to 'stretch' with new techniques, but sometimes the going is slow! You've definitely added motivation with your encouragement!
c

Narelle Farrugia said...

WOW!!! All that yellow is just stunning combined with Crumb Cake! Another gorgeous card Jen!

Linda Suarez said...

Love the yellow! One of my fave colors! Who know it looked so good with kraft!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This card is awesome! I love the yellow with the combination of neutrals! This card is clean and fresh in every sense!