Monday, June 17, 2013

Wild About Flags for FTL245 and CTD246

Is it my imagination or are there flags and banners appearing everywhere on projects around blogland lately? I don't think I'm imagining it and I since they are so popular I'm so thankful that I broke down and bought a couple of flag dies because I was getting tired of hand cutting them all the time!

For this flaggy card I used the sketch at Clean&Simple (where I have not played in a dog's age) and combined it with the colors at Color Throwdown.



I actually made this card on Saturday with the intention of posting it Sunday morning, but after a short trip into work for a little computer upgrade and a few errands run on the way home, the weeds in the garden were calling my name and I couldn't ignore them for fear of disturbing the neighbors.  So alas the post had to wait.

I'm happy to say that many of the weeds are gone (though many remain) so I will be very busy this week on my vacation getting down and dirty outside.  It's supposed to rain AGAIN today and Tuesday, so I think I'll head on over to IKEA for a little browse.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  En Francais (SU); Beautiful Blooms II (Papertrey Ink); Lean on Me (Verve)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Sweet Pea DSP, Cottage Wall DSP, Twitterpated DSP, Blushing Bride DSP, Pear Pizzazz DSP (SU)
Accessories:  Elegant Scrollword die (Memory Box); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Stitched Sentiment Flag die (Lil' Inker Designs)

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous double challenge card.

Happy Dance said...

I'm ignoring my weeds this morning to have a peek around blogland. Your card is delightful. Yep, lots of banners and flags in designs these days, and it's a trend I like. Love how you've used the color palette. The little vines are perfect around the bloom. Wonderful card! Bev

Mew said...

Love the flower with the vines. Absolutely beautiful.

chera said...

Fantastic card!! Love the flowers love the paper love it all!!

JoAnn said...

Jen, I just love your pretty card. Great combination of both challenges. I agree the flag banners are appearing everywhere and I love using them.

Shelly said...

Very pretty! :)

Kara said...

Lovely Jen!! Gorgeous colors!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty design with all the flags and your beautiful flower...thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card and love the way the flower pops with color! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Just wonderful with the colors and all elements.

Casandra Bennett said...

Pretty.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty, Jen!