Friday, September 13, 2013

BE Inspired 37

TGIF!  I'm on vacation after I finish up work today (yay!) and I'm so happy about that!  Nothing like a week off to re-charge the old batteries!  And today is also the newest BE Inspired Challenge at The Alley Way Stamps blog.



I took my inspiration from the green color and the filigree design of the clock.  I didn't have a green that matched perfectly so I used an old favorite, Lucky Limeade.  I thought the images from Delicate Doilies would be a nice approximation of the ornate design of the ormolu style clock so I stamped a few of them in black and then heat a bit of clear embossing powder over them.  The sentiment comes from the brand new  Give Thanks.  The challenge this week at CASology was to use a silhouette.  I thought these doily images stamped in black would qualify as a silhouette.


Don't forget if you play along with the BE Inspired Challenge you could win a free stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps.  All you have to do is use an image from The Alley Way Stamps and make a project inspired by the photo above.  Easy peasy!  And if you don't have any TAWS stamps, you can find freebie images here!  Click HERE for all the challenge details!

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Ardyth said...

Cool - very minimal take on that inspiration - great combination of the two challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow, this is a real inspired and original take, I really love where you took this, and the 'CASness" is wonderful!!!

Thanks for joining us on the FUN at CASology this week!!!

T said...

Lovely card...love your take...

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card, love the touch of paper piercing. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology