Tuesday, October 22, 2013

colourQ 212

Is it any wonder that the new color palette at colourQ inspired me to dig out some more Halloween stamps?  And when I think Halloween I invariably think of this witch from a long-retired SU set called Best Fiends.   She's pretty awesome!



I actually had a couple of cards made with these colors but wasn't satisfied with either one.  Then I remembered this cool Deconstructed Sketch and knew that the circles would be perfect to show off these bright colors.  So I scrapped what I had done and started all over again.  From those circles it was a short leap to the square that features this old gal!


I hope you have time to check out the challenge and join us at colourQ.  The design team has put together quite a variety of projects for you, and not all of them are Halloween themed!  Head on over to check out the imaginative designs!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Best Fiends (SU)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); Nesting Squares die (Lifestyle Crafts); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Halloween sequins (American Crafts)


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

HA she is fun old gal huh!! Love her socks!! Very cute Jen ;)

Deborah Frings said...

Your card is just super for showing off the colours - love the cute witch! The challenge graphic is fab too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your witch is so cute and you showcased the colours perfectly!!

Unknown said...

Awesome design Jen! Perfect layout for this awesome image...love her orange hair :)

Karren said...

Love this set! You've done justice to the old girl - your coloring and layout are superb!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous Halloween card, Jen, I love your witch and the background you chose, love your thinking out of the "box" or should I say circle? Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Deepti said...

awesome use of colors, perfection !!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is adorable Jen! LOVE the coloring on that fun image and your use of the Deconstructed sketch is perfect!