Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 107

Hello and welcome to Wednesday and a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Jen Timko has created an uber CAS design for you and I can hardly wait to see all the gallery submissions.

I had a thousand ideas running around my head for this sketch, but then the mailman delivered a new sunflower die to me and I knew with certainty that this would make a perfect image for my card.



I didn't really have any stamps that properly duplicated the leaves from a sunflower so I used the images from Gently Falling.  I think they look ok.  And if you are wondering what the yellow cardstock is I'm happy to say that it is Marigold Morning, one of the colors from the first In Color groups at Stampin' Up!  I've got quite a bit of it in my stash so it is now my go-to color for sunflowers!

Thanks so much for stopping by and please make sure you head on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out the fantastic DT creations PLUS all week long the most amazing cards find their way into our gallery.  You do not want to miss it!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gently Falling (SU); Sweet Treats (Verve)
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Marigold Morning, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); Versamark
Accessories:  Maize embossing powder (SU); Sunflower Die-namics, Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things)

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic Jen!

Linda Suarez said...

I love the big sunflower Jen! It looks great with the leaves and it looks awesome on the chocolate background!

Lisa Elton said...

SUPER card Jen love the earthy tones!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So elegant and pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that mailman sure deliver!ed! Gorgeous for fall!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous fall card, Jen! Love the rich colors and sunflower!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful! I love this pretty sunflower!!

Jen Brum said...

Okay I love this card! That sunflower is just fabulous! I love it! Just love those colours!!!! So fun and cheery!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

LOVE that flower and the clean lines. The colors are just spot on! :)

Unknown said...

I'm in love with that sunflower Jen! It's simply stunning! Love the earthy colours you've used and the overall cleanness (that you make look so easy!)

Cindy Hall said...

I LOVE that sunflower. Total perfection! I love the color choices and the emphasis on the lines of the sketch with the matting.

Rita W said...

You can mail this one to me too. lol I am off to add that die to my list for Santa. I LOVE it and love this card!