Wednesday, October 9, 2013

To the North Pole!

When I was a kid I loved watching claymation Christmas movies like Santa Claus is Coming to Town and The Year Without a Santa Claus.  I own the DVDs of these special movies so you can be sure that these were (and still are) an important part of the Christmas season for me.

I bring this up because the card I've got for you today shows off an image from Toy Land that is tailor made for one of those movies:  Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  If you are unfamiliar with the story, it's basically an account of how a toymaker named Kris Kringle came to known today as that fellow we call Santa Claus.  And the first time I laid eyes on this stamp set, I knew it would be perfect to pay homage to this sacred (at least to me) movie!


The challenge at Seize the Sketch provided a great layout with some nice space to show off the arrow pointing the way to the North Pole and Kris Kringle.  I added some snowflakes from Toy Land and Chill Out to further set the blustery scene.  Then I added some wide washi and a bit of ribbon as the flags.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Toyland, Chill Out (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Real Red, Soft Sky (SU); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Accessories:  washi tape; Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon (SU); Real Red button (SU); crochet thread

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Really cute image!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Tracey, cute Jen!

Lesley said...

I loved that movie too!! LOL! Your card is super sweet, Jen. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Rose said...

super cute :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

~amy~ said...

Love the washi:)

Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!