Tuesday, January 14, 2014

colourQ 224

Hey there stamping friends, it's Tuesday which means it's time for a new color palette from colourQ!  This week the colors are inspired by this cool blouse from ModCloth.  Arielle always finds the coolest inspiration!



I got these new ink splatter stamps and was itching to try them.  They seemed like they were a good fit for the sketch at Fusion.  I already participated in that challenge last week with a card inspired by the colors of the inspiration photo, so this time around I used the sketch.  I was going to score some lines at the bottom of my card like the sketch suggests, but I needed the room for my ink splats and the sentiment.  So I wrapped some crochet thread around those layers instead.  I think it adds some interesting texture!


I planned on sending this card to my niece to thank her (and some of her friends) for hauling my new incredibly heavy treadmill into my house and I stupidly left the card sitting on my desk in my stamp room.  Well, yesterday the inevitable happened and the card tipped over onto on open ink pad and I got a little spot of Bermuda Bay ink on the front of the card.  I hate when that happens!  Luckily Bermuda Bay kind of matched these colors and the spot kinda-sorta looks like another intentional ink splat!  There are no mistakes in stamping, right?!?!

As always, my fellow teamies at colourQ have got some wonderful cards to share with you so don't forget to check them out. I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Abstract Art, Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Papillon Potpourri (SU)
Paper:  Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Basic Gray (SU)
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones (SU); crochet thread

17 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what a marvelous splatter stamp! love the mint green color too - thanks so much for playing with Fusion this week!

Rita W said...

For the sake of my budget, I'm going to have to stop looking at your cards. LOL I love those splatters! Fabulous. I hope to play along this week as these are some of my favorite colors.

Kerin said...

Very cool splatters Jen! I was wondering how you made them, I didn't realize they were stamps! Love it.

Linda Callahan said...

The splatters are gorgeous! Love this!

Kim said...

I love those splotches of color Jen!! You did an awesome job with the colors!!

Geri said...

Oh, I really love this fresh and pretty creation...everything about it!!! Just perfect! So happy you could join us at FUSION!!!

Betty said...

Oh WOW, it looks so nice that you realize the circles from the sketch with the splashes. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

Deepti said...

This is such a terrific design, I love the color splashes and the butterflies sitting over it :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the wate rcolory feel, so FRESH and beachy, I love anything beachy!!!

Thanks for adding this wonderful card to the FUSION Gallery!!! So glad you can join us -hope can join us again.

Jo said...

Great card! Love the ink splatter stamps!

Betty said...

congrats on your win at fusion! i knew right away it was a winner!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Congrats on your win at Fusion! Your cards (both) were super eye catching!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Congrats on your win at Fusion! Your cards (both) were super eye catching!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Congrats on your win at Fusion! Your cards (both) were super eye catching!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved win from FUSION for this brilliant card, Jen!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your ink splotches and butterfly!

Jaydee said...

Jen, congratulations this card is gorgeous and a worthy winner
Hugs
jaydee