Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 123

Happy Wednesday!  It's the day for a new sketch reveal at Freshly Made Sketches and this week Jen Brum is our hostess.  She's designed a fun sketch and if the cards the design team have come up with this week are any indication (and I think they are), then the gallery will be full of awesomeness once again!



I pondered this layout quite a bit before I made this card.  I contemplated several ways to do those circles before I saw this hexagon stencil sitting to the side on my stamping table.  All of a sudden the light bulb went off and I grabbed the stencil, my brand-spankin' new colored pencils and went to work scribbling on my card front.

The colors and graphic design of my card were influenced by the BE Inspired challenge too.  I loved the bold design of the inspiration photo and the pop of yellow so I tried to incorporate that on my card.


The talented ladies of the Freshly Made Sketches design team have created some fantastic cards this week with this sketch, so be sure to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Spell Check (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Neenah Solar White; Basic Black (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Honeycomb stencil (Heidi Swapp); colored pencils (American Crafts); baker's twine

13 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Sigh……need stencils. Must get stencils… Amazing, brilliant, love it!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is fabulous! A plus on your homework! So glad you found that stencil class!

Jen Brum said...

This is so super fun! You and your stencils! I guess I can be fortunate we don't have easy access up here!!!! Love those hexagons! My favourite colours!!!!

Karren said...

Brilliant take on the sketch! And well done for getting those new pencils workin' - they did a good job. Your card is fantastic!

Happy Dance said...

Awesome card Jen, and made even more so with those great pops of yellow. CAS and just totally brilliant! Bev

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome card!! Love the speech bubble and how you used the stencil!!!

Deepti said...

Super cool stencil effect :) love the addition of speech bubble !!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one who has a hard time narrowing down choices! I love what you ended up doing, though! The word bubble for the sentiment works perfectly! :)

Just Me said...

love your card ...I don't own any stencils ...I can see it is time for me to look for some ..your card is amazing ...love the colors you used together.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is so beautiful Jen! Your stencilled hexagons are absolutely perfect - I'm seriously loving this card.

Sandi said...

I love this soft subtle look Beautiful!!!

Cindy Hall said...

That stenciling technique is so cool! I MUST take those classes (or just CASE your cards!). I love how you used the pop of bright yellow with the neutrals. Super stunning combo. Brilliant!

Katherine said...

TERRIFIC card! I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (we're featuring stencils next week). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know. Love your work!