Sunday, February 8, 2015

Butterfly Thanks

I managed to pop into my stamp room Saturday night to make a card for a few challenges.  I combined the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch with the colors at Pals Paper Arts and the embossing challenge at Happy Little Stampers.




I had a little CATrastophy with the lights I use when I'm photographing my cards.  One of my kitties (the one I usually say is a little angel) knocked over one of my lamps and the bulb smashed to smithereens.  So I've had to improvise with lighting my cards until my new bulb arrives.  The darkness you see on the left side of this pic is the lack of light from my unlit lamp.  I've tried to compensate with my camera settings and my photo editing software but those can't correct everything!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Papillon Potpourri (SU); Ink Splats (Indigo Blu); Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Pixie (Avery Elle); Rose Red, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Rose Red (SU)
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripes stencil (Simon Says Stamp); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Basic Rhinestones (SU)



23 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is so pretty Jen! Soft and feminine! Perfect take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Jen, this card is so lovely! I will be pinning this for a future CASE for sure. Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!

Patti MacLeith said...

Clean and simply beautiful! Come join us again at PPA very soon!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet simplicity at its finest! Beautiful - shines on its own ;)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So pretty!!!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous design Jen! LOVE the soft pink with the diagonal embossed design ... the translucent gel really adds a subtle, but pretty design. And LOVE the grungey gray stamped background ... perfect to show off your beautiful butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Jen!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors! And oooh those cats, right?! lol The stuff our cats do is a little ridiculous at times...I sometimes questions if they're really cats! lol ;) Hopefully, your bulb will arrive shortly!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Super classy and clean Jen! LOVE it! Hazel x

Jan Clothier said...

Thanks for your lovely comments about my layered butterfly. I've been admiring the lovely way the diamonds on your butterfly are ever-so-subtly repeated in the splatter background. So amazing! I really love your work and this is just another example to adore!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Jen!!

Unknown said...

I loooooooooove your card !!!!

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card!

Kylie said...

wow, just stunning. Perfectly CAS and that gorgeous butterfly... sigh. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Michelle Gleeson said...

The lighting still showed off the simple beauty of your card. The splashes behind the butterfly, the font and the bling on the butterfly take this card from simple to glamours. Love it.

Susan Itell said...

This is just fabulous! Clean… Simple… Classic to the max!.

Bonnie said...

Love the way you've used this sketch! Sweet butterfly!

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Jen, it really jumped out from the thumbnails on Happy Little Stampers!
Chrissie x

Sandie Conner said...

Super sweet, CAS perfection! Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

Leigh Penner said...

So sweet & pretty! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

Pure and fantastic, Jen!! Congratulations on the well-deserved shoutout from Pals Paper Arts!! Hugs, Darnell

Basement Stamper said...

stunning card, love how you have kept that white space but still packs a punch.

Deepti said...

Wow! The pinks never looked so pretty :D