Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 172

Hello!  Hello!  It's time for a brand new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week Linda is our hostess.  Don't be scared by the big ol' heart on the sketch because you know that you can use whatever shape you want!


I knew almost right away that I wanted to use a butterfly on my card, but I got the idea to layer it over a tag while I was putting this card together.  And using embossing paste over a chevron stencil for the horizontal layer was a last minute decision too.  Originally I was going to do a little upcycling by using a textured piece of kraft paper that started out in life as a coffee cozy.  Unfortunately it wasn't wide enough so I had to come up with Plan B.  And the colors on my card are from the latest challenge at As You See It.


Thanks for stopping by.  And I hope you can join us at Freshly Made Sketches.  Hop on by to check out the cards made by our fabulous design team!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Group Hugs (Paper Smooches); Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Textures 1 (Florileges Design)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Crushed Curry (SU); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral (SU)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); Cheviot Butterfly die, Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps); Chevron Pattern stencil (Simon Says Stamp); enamel dot (Doodlebug Design); embossing paste, white seam binding ribbon, crochet thread

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I love that subtle embossing paste in the background! Your tag is beautiful and I am a total fan of the bright splotches!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh what a fabulous card,Jen!! The colors and butterfly are so pretty!! And i love the splatters and the embossing paste!!

Shelly said...

Awesome card! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Your rock when it comes to mixing the frilly with the little bit of grunge!! PRETTY card Jen!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! I adore your grunge card! They're artistic and beautiful!

Heather Cooper said...

I love the texture and the splashes of colour in this amazing design, Jen! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this week!

Karren said...

Wow! I absolutely love every.single.thing about this card, Jen. Total perfection!

Amanda said...

Fantastic texture and love the splashes of colour. Thanks so much for playing with our colour challenge this week at AYSI

Amy O said...

This is a beautiful, happy card! I love the bright colors and the detail on that butterfly. And I love how you've used a tag for this sketch.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Jen! Love that background! So fun! Such a great tag as well! Love that butterfly! I think I need to take tag making lessons from you!!!!

Marisa said...

Adore this, Jen!

Narelle Farrugia said...

A tag works so well on your card Jen and so do those gorgeous colours! Love the splashes of colour and your sweet butterfly!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is such a beautiful card, love those colors and the splatters