Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 174

Hello!  It's Wednesday so it's time to bring you a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our sketch is brought to you all the way from Germany from our hostess Cindy Lovell.  It's a classic sketch that can be interpreted a bunch of different ways.



I'm pretty sure I've made a card very similar to this before.  It's a formula I like.  I see a diagonal layer and it makes me want to break out a bunch of colors and put them all together rainbow style.  I had been kicking around the idea of playing along with the Fusion challenge because I really loved the colors in the inspiration photo.  I had an aborted attempt at following along last weekend and though that card didn't pan out I was determined to use those colors somehow.  My little rainbow was perfect for them!


My friend Sylvia mentioned a daisy die from Sizzix recently and since I had forgotten that I even owned it decided it was high time it saw the light of day.  For the center I used the old build-a-brad from SU.  At least I think that's what it is called.  The glare from the light is obscuring the center of it, but it's actually a button image.  

Speaking of glare from the light, my new bulb has arrived so lighting my cards should be MUCH easier now.  I had no idea how much I relied on the white light from my photography bulbs until one of them bit the dust.  I can't even describe all the gyrations I went through this past week trying to get decent light.  I'll make sure I've always got an extra on hand now.

My friends at Freshly Made Sketches have made some beauties this week so I hope you check them out and join us in the gallery with your own take on the sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Thank You (Heidi Swapp); Sunny Days (Verve)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Terracotta Tile (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Hawaiin Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Daisies #2 die (Sizzix); Build A Brad (SU)

18 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Love this card, Jen. Your 'rainbow' is delightful!! Those colors have such a modern feel, don't they?! Great flower, and am loving the sentiment too. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Love love the daisy, pretty card Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Jen! I love that daisy! Daisies always make me smile! Love the colours and the crisp white background!

Deepti said...

I love that striped panel :) such a pretty card!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the strong colors and that bold daisy! Sharp graphic design!

Jen Timko said...

This is such a great color combination (completely terrifies me, but great!) and you make it look easy. That brad is the perfect center to your awesome flower.

Karren said...

Surely you had enough "white light" from all that snow that's surrounding you at the moment? Just plant your card in the snow and click ;) But back to your card - another stunner! You've used those colors so well and that flower with its brad center is gorgeous.

Diane said...

Wonderful color combination Jen and love the bold flower.

Hugs Diane

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! This is eye poppingly gorgeous Jen! Thanks for the inspiration over at FMS. Hazel xx

Shelly said...

Fabulous card! And yay for your new bulb! ;)

dstandard said...

Fabulous card! Love the simple design!

Amy O said...

That daisy is a show-stopper! I'm glad to see that flowers are still blooming in your house despite all of the snow outside of it.

Cindy Lovell said...

Just beautiful,Jen!! I adore these colors and i LOVE the pretty big daisy!!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the pretty daisy.

Greta said...

Striking card--love it! Never thought to use strips of colored paper for a diagonal element--thanks for the inspiration!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You truly are the Queen of White Space Jen! I love how you've used the challenge colours for your card and your flower is just stunning! I remember this die but have never been able to find it :(

Ginger said...

I love the stripes on this card and to pop of that flower! Magnificent!

Rita W said...

Absolutely LOVE the colors! You just can't go wrong with a gorgeous flower and fabulous colors. :)