Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hello JUGS281 and rs154

I'm in the middle of doing housework (blech) and needed a little break so I thought I'd pop in here and show you a card I made using the colors at Just Us Girls and the sketch from retro sketches.



I just love a square card.  Too bad they cost extra to mail.  I usually try to keep mine 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 so I can still fit them in an A2 envelope and avoid the surcharge but my favorite size is about a half inch bigger.

It's been a while since I used this whimsical flower and it somehow seemed appropriate for this fun layout.  I scribbled on it with some colored pencils but I couldn't seem to get the color as dark as I wanted to I ended up going over some areas with my Regal Rose marker.  I love the scribbled look of these flowers.

Well that's it for me.  Back to vacuuming for a bit then I'm off to the grocery store.  I wish the weekends weren't so jam packed with chores!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jofy 12 (Paper Artsy); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Soft Sky, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Regal Rose (SU); Jet Black (Archival)
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); Button Stacks II die (Papertrey Ink); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

13 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your whimsical flower! Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Marika said...

Love this!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool card! I love those flowers and how you used the colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Basement Stamper said...

Those flowers are super cool, love them! I also enjoy making square cards but am the same as you-keep them so they fit in an A2 envie.

Karren said...

I love these flowers and love how you've used them here. Great use of the colors and sketch.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I LOVE how you've used these colours Jen to create this really cool card! Loving all of the details you've added.

Deepti said...

This looks fabulous !!

Shelly said...

Such a fun card! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Those funky flowers are too much fun Jen! This is cute ;)

Nancy said...

Your card is super retro! Love those sketchy flowers too! Thanks for joining us at JUGS~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun flowers and use of the colors! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love those fun, funky flowers! Great design, love that grid piece on the background, so perfect with the flowers. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Unknown said...

Congrats !!
I looooove your card !