Monday, July 27, 2015

Seriously

I popped into my stamp room Saturday night to make a card using the fabbo color combo at Color Throwdown and the layout at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I love the bokeh images on the sketch and dug out a favorite dotted stamp set from PTI set to use for my images, plus I got some new goodies from Lil' Inker that I wanted to try out.



The card was done, and I was just getting ready to get it set up to take a pic of it when I decided to stamp the back of it with a fun sentiment.  The card was laying face up on my desk and I lost my handle on the ink pad and I'm sure you can guess what happened.  This.


Yep.  I dropped the ink pad on it and left a big old smudge.  But all things happen for a reason and I actually like my redux better.  I stamped the dots in a bit of a tighter circle, which I like better than the first.  I think karma was doing me a favor in this case!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dot Spot (Papertrey Ink); Seriously Awesome (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Basic Black (SU)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Going Gray, Basic Gray (SU); Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Seriously Word die (Lil' Inker Designs)

25 comments:

Hannelie said...

I seriously LUV this card Jen! It's just an awesome take on the sketch!
Thanks for playing with us at CTS.
(ugh... for inky accidents... so glad you didn't let it stop you though!)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh Lord, I would have been crying if I'd dropped an ink pad on such a great design, but glad it worked out for you to redo it. I'm SURE the original was just as fantastic! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Kara said...

Been there! Great card!!

Shelly said...

This is awesome! And oh, how many times I have done something like that! lol But yes, sometimes the second card works out better than the first. ;)

VanessaB said...

awesome. love this!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jen,
This is a seriously wonderful CAS design! So wonderful, in fact, that we are spotlighting your card on our FB page today! Please stop by www.facebook.com/avenue613 to say hello and to grab our Spolight Designer badge!

Hugz,
Chana Harris, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh my Jen! I know how you must have felt, that has happened to me (more times than I can remember) . . . I've always been clumsy! I don't know what your first one was like, but the finished one is awesome! Love your interpretation of the sketch! Have a great week! Hazel xx

Joan Ervin said...

Great take on both the colors and the sketch, Jen...this looks fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

Gisela said...

That happens to us all, sad and frustrating. I love your card and I have a set I could have used. I think and going to run away with your inspiration an create one.

Linda Callahan said...

Seriously I love the sketch ...... And I love this card!

Petra Swart said...

Seriously, this is a beautiful card, Jen!!!! Such a pity about the smudged one, but things like that happen to all of us at some stage, hey!!! The stamps you have used are so perfect for the sketch!! Oh, I love this, Jen - it's really beautiful!!!!
Have a great day!!!

dstandard said...

What a fabulous card! So eye catching!

OH Babs said...

Great card(s). Sometimes we just can't fix the boo-boos hard as we try.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my god I seriously love this card! It's totally amazing!

Leigh Penner said...

This is wonderful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa H. said...

ok. I have a new stamping crush. lol. I just was pinning away on Pinterst and realized I had pinned 3 in a row from you. Had to come see your work up close. Love this card. great work with the colors and the "seriously" die from LID is one of my faves! thanks for your inspiration!

Deepti said...

Superb! I love the colors and the stamping goodness :) I am glad the accident turned out to be in your favor :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Jen... seriously... those circles are amazing.

Kim S said...

I love what you have done - I have such a difficult time doing a random grouping of anything - yours is wonderful!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a perfect take on the sketch! Seriously!

Michelle said...

Seriously! This is awesome!

Claire said...

Utterly fab Jen! Congrats on your CTS win....so well deserved!

Susie W. said...

I love this card Jen! Beautiful!

Ros Crawford said...

This is seriously gorgeous!!!