Thursday, February 11, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 159!

I thought I was all done making Valentines then along came a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch  plus a couple of Valentine challenges at CASology and Just Us Girls and this card was born!




I took a little liberty with the sentiment on my card but I think those little hearts are a sentiment all on their own!  I wasn't sure if it was a little weird to make a Valentine with a black base but I thought the criss-cross background would show up better as black on black plus I really liked the contrast of the red and pink hearts on black.  I think it's a little dramatic and kind of cool.

My fellow teamies at CAS(E) This Sketch have really rocked the sketch this week so I hope you have time to check out their cards and join us in the gallery.  We'd love to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Paper:  Basic Black, Real Red, Pretty in Pink (SU)
Accessories:  Criss Cross die (Paper Smooches)

19 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I, well, heart this so much!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I gotta tell ya the creativity from Case This Sketch knows no bounds! Love this! If I can get myself in gear I will hve to try this one!

Chriss Blagrave said...

FABULOUS! Great take on the sketch❤️

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your beautiful textured background and the pretty little hearts. They really pop against the dark background. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

I think the black embossed background looks cool! Terrific card Jen!

Karren said...

So dramatic! That criss-cross die is on my wishlist and you've used it beautifully here.

Kim P said...

This is so cool! I love that criss-cross die...great impact!
This would be great for a teen/young adult...or anyone who likes a modern design. Well done!

Petra Swart said...

Love all the black with the splashes of red and pink, Jen!!!! That criss-cross bg is beautiful!!! A lovely VD card!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that embossed black background with the 3 simple hearts! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Happy Dance said...

Not 'kind of' cool...Very cool. This was a brilliant grid/plaid/lattice idea for the background of your card. As was black on black! And yep, those hearts speak for themselves perfectly. I think this would be perfect for that special man, or a CAS junkie! Great card. Bev

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this take on the sketch Jen! Also LOVE the dramatic colour combo . . . classy! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Екатерина said...

Просто великолепно!

Ardyth said...

Saw this striking card at CTS - love this dramatic valentine! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Sherrie M. said...

Wow Jen! Such a fabulous and striking card! Love the texture behind the hearts. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Sandra (Sunny) said...

Great card, Jen! Thanks for sharing...

Jeanne H said...

I think your black, red & pink card is wonderful!!

Mimi said...

I'm totally down with the black card! Looks classy, sexy, cool!

ElizStewart said...

So love your use of the paper smooches background...so fun!

Unknown said...

Such a striking Valentine's card. Karen x