Tuesday, February 9, 2016

colourQ 328!

Well, we've swung all the way around to Tuesday again.  The weeks go by so fast don't they?  Except when I'm at work, it seems!  Tuesday, of course, means there is a new color palette up at colourQ and this week it made me think of spring and flowers.



I arranged the floral images, stamped in the colors of the challenge, then added some leaves that I die cut out of gold foil.  It's hard to tell they are gold in the picture but they look really pretty in real life!  I also used a stencil with some matte embossing paste to create a design on the pink background but it's impossible to see in the photo.  It's nearly impossible to see in real life! I don't know what possessed me to buy that stuff but the effect is so subtle that I'm not sure I'll be using it all that much in the future.

I have not played along in the Pals Paper Arts challenge in a dog's age, but my friend Linda is the sketch hostess this week and I really liked her sketch and wanted to play along.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have some time to check out our latest colourQ challenge and play along with us.  We love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Modern Blooms (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White, Gold Foil (SU)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Accessories:  Circle Tile stencil (Stencil Girl); Horizontal Stitched Strips die (My Favorite Things); Foliage 3 die (Paper Smooches); Matte Texture Paste (Ranger)

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This so pretty Jen! I Love the colour combo and those sweet little blooms! Great take on both challenges! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Susan Itell said...

Wow...WOW....WOW!!!! Clean , classic and FUN! Thanks for your talent....it is always so inspiring!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! So clean...and perfect. I LOVE the leaves...the cutouts provide a wonderful contrast to the blossoms. Thank you for joining the PPA Sketch Team this week!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous girl! The pink with the bit of black is fabulous!

Karren said...

So, so pretty! The gold open die-cut leaves look divine! As I was reading your post and saw you mention matte embossing paste, I immediately thought "must get me some of that". But then I read on and now maybe I won't get me some of that :)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a gorgeous card Jen, I love that MFT stamp set!

Claire said...

So pretty Jen - those die cut leaves are just gorgeous. I always look at your cards and want all the stuff lol

Jeanne J. said...

Your floral arrangement is gorgeous Jen!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS card...and perfect way to use this sketch!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is GORGEOUS, Jen!!!! I really like those leaves and the flowers are so pretty!!!!! Beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!!