Thursday, February 18, 2016

colourQ 329 and CAS(E) This Sketch 160

I wasn't able to get my colourQ post up on time for the new challenge on Tuesday so I thought I'd wait and combine those colors with the latest sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.



This is the second week in a row that I made a black on black card for CAS(E) This Sketch.  I'm normally a white card-base kind of girl but I really like how the different textures show up when you have an all black card.  This week I took those horizontal stripes and turned them into horizontal bricks.  Then following the colourQ challenge I added a big sentiment die cut in bright yellow and a butterfly stamped in the same colors with a vellum overlay.  Unfortunately, my butterfly is a tad over-exposed so it looks somewhat like an indistinct blob, but you get the idea (I hope)!

These are two great challenges and I hope you have a chance to play along with them this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillon Potpourri (SU)
Paper:  Black (Simon Says Stamp); Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (SU)
Accessories:  Smile Word die (Lil' Inker Designs); Mini Bricks stencil (The Crafters Workshop); Basic Pearls (SU); black embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi); 

13 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your fabulous background -- it's so fun and the sentiment and butterfly really pop! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Karren said...

Your black bricks look fabulous - so dramatic with the yellow!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the pops of bright colour against the dark background Jen! Dramatic & gorgeous! Have a lovely evening/day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic design I love the black brick background so much accented with the big yellow smile!

Lisa Elton said...

Cool brick background Jen! Love the yellow sentiment too. This is awesome!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, so beautiful and so striking, Jen!!! Love that brick bg and the yellow against the black!!!
Have a great day!!!

Happy Dance said...

Very cool! The brick has a bit of a grunge look, but with the soft yellow sentiment, and butterfly, it's just lovely. What a wonderful 'black' card! You continue to make amazing creations! Bev

Kim S said...

What an amazing look!

Heather North said...

This looks so cool, Jen! I'm going to have to get my hands on some black embossing paste.

Susi said...

Love your choice of the brick stencil for the linear aspect of this week's challenge - a great backdrop for the sentiment and butterfly diecut!

Dana M said...

Stunning card Jen! Love the black on black. The sentiment and butterfly pop off the card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Very striking card Jen! Love your take on the sketch and colors!