Thursday, June 2, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 175

I got some new stamps in the mail the other day and was anxious to fire them up with the newest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  This very awesome sketch is designed by Hannelie.



I used my Clarity Stencil Brushes with a stencil to brush on some color behind the sentiments.  I am so glad that I found these brushes because compared to sponging, it is SO much easier to put down even, consistent color.  No spongey-swirl marks here!

The colors for my card come from this gorgeous palette at Fab Friday.  The Blackberry Bliss is really dark on the card stock I used and looks almost black here but I assure you it is that deep, rich blackberry color we all know and love!


Thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget to check out the amazing inspiration from the CAS(E) This Sketch design team this week.  Those gals will knock your socks off!

Supplies
Stamps:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Hello Honey, Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss (SU)
Accessories:  Chevron Pattern stencil (Simon Says Stamp)

13 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is awesome! I love the fun colours and your fabulous take on the sketch, Jen!

Heather said...

This is SO perfect - what a great clean and simple card. You've really made the colors all pop, and the sentiment ROCKS, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Patti said...

Hi Jen : )

Your cards are AWSESOME every day! : ) You always have the coolest images!

Patti

karen h said...

This card is awesome! Love the colors and composition! Clever use of the sketch too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun take on the sketch, I love this Jen!!

Karren said...

Love how you've used that sentiment! And your sponging looks amazing!

Happy Dance said...

Another great card, Jen. I love that stamp set, and have had it in my cart over at SSS for about 2 weeks now, lol! Those colors are just beautiful together. Your take on Hannelie's sketch is "awesome!!" Love this. Bev

Martha said...

Jen, your card is simply "awesome" and beautiful. I love the pretty colors and fabulous design.

Amanda Mertz said...

My blackberry bliss always photographs black too! So much better in person! Love those chevrons as a background for your sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

What an awesome, clean design! Love the sentiment. Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Kim S said...

LOVE what you've done!! What a fabulous backdrop to the "awesome" sentiment!

Brian King said...

Jen, your card is awesome! There's such artistry in the simplicity. Love how you've used these colors, too! Thank you for playing along with this color challenge from Fab Friday.

Petra Swart said...

How perfectly those new stamps worked for this lovely sketch from Hannelie, Jen!!! I really love what you have done here!!!!