Tuesday, August 9, 2016

colourQ 354!

Here we are at Tuesday again and it's time for a new colourQ challenge.  I love the simple colors this week and I made a simple card with them!



The layout for my card comes from the fabbo sketch at Fab Friday.  As soon as I saw it I thought of a flourish die that has been languishing in my stash, unused, for a long time.  


I inlaid the flourish die into the white background then popped up the sentiment layer on some foam to give it a little dimension.  The diagonal stripes down the left side were created using a stencil and some clear embossing paste.  I love how the embossing paste gives some subtle color and real dimension!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to check out the inspiration at colourQ. We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Many Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Basic Gray (SU); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Fancy Flourish die (My Favorite Things); Diagonal Strip stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Scallop Border die (The Stamps of Life); translucent embossing powder (Dreamweaver)

13 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Simple layering for a truly stunning effect! You are so good at that Jen! LOVE that colour combo too! Have a wonderful day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Marlena M. said...

This is super classy and clean~love it!

LeAnne said...

SWEEEET! Love this sketch, it's one of my favorites! This flourish is just lovely..CAS perfection, as usual! Awesome colors!

Wendy Weixler said...

Clean, simple and BEAUTIFUL. Black and white and a little pop of color ... you made this look fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with the Fab Friday peeps! :)

Patti said...

Oh yeah!! loving both the color challenge and your design!

Patti

Heather said...

What a sweet and simple card - it's perfect! Lovely flourish element - your arrangement is so dramatic! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

You nailed both of these challenges! Love this!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this Jen!! The way you used the black is perfect and so is the inlaid die. Fabulous card!

Happy Dance said...

I love this color palette! The gorgeous blue with the super-neutrals is fantastic. Your card is pretty darn fantastic, I might add. Love that swirly in gray, and your sentiment font is gorgeous and swirly too. Such a pretty card, Jen. Am hoping to play along too; can't resist these colors. Bev

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful clean card! The inlaid flourish is a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Susi said...

Lovely flourish behind your sentiment panel. A beautiful CAS card where all elements flow together perfectly!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Jen
I visit your blog often and just love your style and consistently beautiful cards! Also I'm amazed at your seemingly-endless creativity!
This card is crisp and elegant. Love the flourish! Great to have you playing with us at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very elegant! The black and white really makes the blue pop! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!