Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 285

My card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge ended up looking a lot different that what I had originally planned.  The sketch is designed by Amy, and it's a very straitforward sketch, but for some reason it threw me for a loop!


My first attempt had a whole lot of yellow in it and was going to be full of flowers.  But after a bit I realized what I was making looked horrible so I scrapped it.  Then I briefly thought about using a butterfly, but I had already used a butterfly on another card I made (which will be posted tomorrow) and I didn't want to use another one.  Then out of the blue I thought of the set of dies I ultimately used, all full of superhero style images and sentiments.

There's a navy, pink, and white color challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and I thought it would be fun to use those colors and make a girly card.  I love how these strong images look in pink accents!  I think it's hard to see in the photo but behind the gingham starburst image is a white cloud die cut.  I embossed it with burlap texture so that it would show up better against the white background - guess it didn't work!


Thanks for stopping by!  And be sure to pop on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out the cards made by our awesome design team.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Amazing (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (American Crafts)
Ink:  Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Pow Zap Bam die (Frantic Stamper); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Rustic Burlap impression plate (Papertrey Ink)

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch Jen! LOVE the gingham! Thank you for choosing my card last week! I have so missed this challenge, since my life has gotten so busy! Thankfully things are settling down a little now, which gives me a little more time to enter a little more often! Thank you for the inspiration! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Amy O said...

I love this girly version! The pink gingham is unexpected and very fun. Such a cute card, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Holy cute card Batman! Totally fun!

Happy Dance said...

You've got some awesome girl power going on here, Jen. I love the pink gingham with that fabulous sentiment in navy blue. Once I blew up the photo, I could see the cloud and the burlap effect as well. I'm glad you thought of these dies as this turned out so very well. What a fun card!! Bev

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I think this is fabulous !!!! Love those gingham checked stars!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Jen! I love that sentiment! Such a fun take on the the sketch!

Kim S said...

Oh my gosh, our design processes are exactly alike!! Yellow flowers to a butterfly to superheroes - I go through the same zigzag path for every darn card!! I very much like where you ended up. The pink gingham is so fun behind the bold "pow"!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card, I like the gingham!

Karren said...

This card is so fun and such a great use of the sketch! Love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! this card is sooooo cool and I love the feminine feel with the pink DSP behind your navy sentiment - love this effect!