Thursday, October 12, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 243

I took one look at the newest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and saw a Christmas tree!   When you see the sketch you might wonder why.



That long vertical layer could become a triangular tree in my estimation so that is what I did.  I layered this gorgeous glittered paper at the bottom of my card and colored a small smidgeon at the top of it with a marker to give the illusion of two layers as per the sketch.  The sentiment is simple and pure for the season.

I'm going to add this card for the "ODD" challenge at CASology.  It's got one tree, which is obviously an odd number.  But I've also got an odd story that only a cardmaker could appreciate.  I was so pleased with how this card came out - it's got a great CAS and elegant vibe - that I showed it to a co-worker.  She took one look at it and declared it to be a sailboat!  I could see her perspective because the glitter layer on the bottom could be the ocean and the triangle could be the boat, but I pointed out the Christmas sentiment.  She gave me a look that basically said that no-one would believe this was a Christmas card!  I assured her my fellow cardmakers would have no trouble recognizing the triangle was a Christmas tree!  It's all about perspective!


Thanks for stopping by!  And check out our CAS(E) This Sketch challenge for some terrific inspiration from the design team!

Supplies
Stamps:  Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Pool Party (Stampin' Up!); glitter cardstock (Recollections)
Ink:  Pool Party (Stampin' Up!)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Totally saw Christmas tree.....even when I saw the sketch I thought tree! No sail boats here.....lol! Total zen card.....beautiful!

SugarGem said...

Super modern cool

Lisa Elton said...

This is a pretty little sparkly CAS card!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Super cool take on the sketch!

Lea Lawson said...

So soft & pretty! Love all the shimmer! ♥

ElizStewart said...

Sooooo pretty!

Joyce said...

I immediately saw it was a Christmas tree--I guess I passed the test and qualified as a card maker. This is so CAS and beautiful. Love the calm color scheme. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Elegant CAS perfection, Jen! Love the color choices and teture from the glitter paper. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Karren said...

Yep I saw a tree when I looked at the gorgeous card. Although I can see how someone would think this is a sailboat on water. Too funny!

Jen W. said...

Saw a tree but can now also totally see the sailboat! Its always fascinating how other people see things. I once made a card with a teapot and my mom thought it was a magic lamp! Anyway I love this modern, elegant design. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is beautiful, elegant, and CAS perfection, Jen! I thought you used two colors of glitter paper until I read you used a marker! Clever idea. And I vote for a Christmas tree. :-P Hideko