Thursday, July 14, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 49

Today is the second week at the ColorLab where we show off one of the new In Colors.  This week it is the beautiful Island Indigo.

When I first saw this color challenge I've got to admit that I was a bit stumped.  I couldn't seem to wrap my head around mixing up the Rich Razzleberry with those blue shades.  Then I put my card together and suddenly it all came together!  I've come to realize that this is one FABULOUS color combo!  Simply gorgeous!

The layout is one that I used a few weeks back and I really liked it so I figured I'd use it again.  As with the other card, I embossed the Island Indigo layer then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The Baja Breeze designer paper you see is a retired one from the Walk in the Park set from many years ago.  I still have a tiny bit left so I used a scrap of it.  I really like the vertical stems on it since it went nicely with my floral accent.  I was undecided how I wanted to finish the center of my flower then I remembered that I had some Build-A-Brads in my stash.  I stamped a tiny flower in Rich Razzleberry then built my brad around it.  It makes a nice, bold accent for this flower.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned how utterly fabulous Island Indigo is.  I'm not sure I've seen a color quite like it before, but I assure you that it is SPECTACULAR!  I can't wait to use it some more.

I hope that you'll go on over to the ColorLab and check out the challenge this week.  And don't worry if you don't have the exact SU! colors for the challenge.  Just use something similar.  And be sure and check out the design team samples.  There's lots to inspire you!

P.S.  I think Blogger hates me.  This is the second week in a row that I've scheduled a post ahead of time and it hasn't posted when it's supposed to.  Grrrrrrr!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is spectacular! I love the colour combo too and can't wait to be using it myself! I also love your embossed layer and the flower is pretty gorgeous too!

Jen Timko said...

That embossing is AWESOME!!! Love the flower too. As usual, you rocked the color combo!

Anonymous said...

I really love the embossing you did on your card. It really adds elegance to it.