Sunday, August 7, 2011

Paper Players 58

I don't think I've ever done a challenge this early in the morning!  I don't usually find my way into my stamp room until late afternoon or early evening, but I'm avoiding housework this rainy morning!  And what better way to do that than to check out the latest challenges and create something!

When I first saw this week's challenge at the Paper Players I didn't think I had the right stamps to be able to participate.
But as I checked out my stamps to see if I could find something to work with I found the It's a Wrap Occasions stamps (that look vaguely like band-aids!) and found one that was perfect for the challenge.

Those adorable apples with the A+ grade are just right!  Once I settled on them I decided to make a favor box.  I love making boxes and it's been ages since I've done one.  The catalog had some nice designs like this one, so I copied it.  I think this would be so cute for a kid to find in his or her lunch box on the first day of school.  A sweet treat along with a sweet message!  What a great way to start the school year off!

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Lauri said...

What a great idea as a first day gift! and yes...it is a rainy day (I am in southern connecticut)...the sun peeked out a little while ago and then the rain started again! Thanks for playing this rainy morning with the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Aww, Jen this is adorable! What a sweet lunch box treat. Now you're making me wish I ordered that set!! Thanks for going back to school with the Paper Players--always love to see your work!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love it! What a sweet teacher's gift!

Carrie Gaskin said...

SO CUTE! I would love to get this set anyday! Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players this week.

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Too cute! I've been eyeing off the It's a Wrap Occasions in the cattie and now I just HAVE to get it! This set makes such a great gift idea. Thanks for playing along with the Pape Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, how cute! My GF just borrowed my matchbox die and made something very similar...that little apple is so cute! And the card is the perfect go-with! Thanks for playing with us this week! It's always GOOD to start your day off by stamping! :D

Lesley said...

Super cute! Love the wee chocolate treats!!! Perfect for the first day of school! So happy you played early with us at the Paper Players! Did you finally get your housework done? :) Mine is not done yet!! LOL!
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! This is adorable and just perfect for a great little start of the school year gift! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Adorable project, Jen! I know it would make my day to find a sweet treat in MY lunchbox! Such a fun idea! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Anonymous said...

I just got that stamp set today, was thinking of doing the same thing for some of the teachers I work with! Such a great idea!

jaydee said...

Jen, another fabulous creation. Love the card - it is perfect clean and simple perfection!
so glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
hugs
jaydee