Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Mashup Challenge 18

I am so excited to tell everyone that today is my first day as August Guest Designer at the Friday Mashup!  I'm always so grateful when these opportunities present themselves to me and I only hope that I can do the challenge justice!

This week we are hoping to get your creative juices flowing by celebrating anniversaries and all the glittery goodness that goes with them!

So, here's the "Mash Up!" challenge:

1. Create a project using "Glitter".
2. Create a project for an "Anniversary" .
3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create an "Anniversary project using Glitter" !
It may not be obvious in the picture but I did the mashup, and combined glitter with anniversary! For my card the sentiment, of course, is anniversary but the center of the flower is pure glitter!  And the two look smashing together! 

Thanks for stopping by today. And I hope you'll visit The Friday Mashup and participate in the challenge this week.

6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Yay! Congrats on your Gust DT spot! No shock that you were invited to do so! Another b! Love the coo combo and how you've inked the sentiment with different colors!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Jen,
Congratulations on being chosen as our Guest Designer for August at the Friday Mashup. I LOVE your card! That colour combo is to die for and I love the ruffled seam binding. all together its Fabulous!
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lesley said...

Yeah! We get to design together again! Love your card Jen, the colours are awesome! Must try that combo! Welcome to the Mashup Team.
Hugs,
Lesley

Allison said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love this colour combo and layout. Congrats on being the guest designer!

Lisa said...

So glad to have you as guest designer Jen! Nice to see another MA gal..I grew up in Springfield MA :)

You did a fantastic job mashing up the challenge! I noticed the glitter in the middle of the flower right away and I love that sentiment. The colors you used and that ribbon down the middle are just awesome!

Juanita Golson said...

I so want to learn how you did the ribbon like that. You should do a tutorial, lol.